Qigong Teacher Peter Caughey
About this Course
The Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong System
Develop a quiet mind, an open heart
and build more energy and strength in your body.
This course covers an introduction to the concepts of the traditional Chinese exercise system called Qigong that millions of people practice in China and all around the world everyday. Similar to Taiji (Tai Chi), which is a martial art, Qigong is the medical exercises to maintain superior health in the body.
Qigong has been practiced for thousands of years in China and is renowned for maintaining health and longevity. It has been a hidden secret and now the Western world is acknowledging its profound effects upon the human body and health.
In this course you will be introduced to a modified version of the famous classical Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong system and the medical applications for each exercise.
It is easy and simple to perform and requires no prior knowledge of Qigong. It is suitable for everyone to practice.
Included in the course, there are instructional videos of each of the 18 exercises in the Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong system, the medical applications and benefits of each exercise, pdf handouts of the exercises that you can download and a full practice sequence at the end of the course for you to follow for your daily practice.
To learn this system, it will take you half an hour each day focusing on one exercise at a time and then slowly building up to a complete daily practice of all 18 exercises, which takes about 45 minutes.
The course is structured with an instructional video for each exercise. There are safety and training guidelines included to help you get the most out of the course that explain the best and most efficient ways to practice.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN FROM THIS COURSE
Unlock the mystery that lives inside the practice of the 18 exercises of the Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong system.
Advance your daily health practice by gaining a deeper understanding of Traditional Chinese Medicine & Qigong.
Develop your sensitivity of the movement of Qi (energy) in yourself & others.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN FROM PRACTICING THIS QIGONG SYSTEM
Increase vital energy in the body.
Develop energy, strength and stamina.
Calm and ground the body.
Increase strength and flexibility.
Develop self-awareness, balance, perseverance and discipline.
Treat digestive disorders.
During this course you will learn how to develop an open heart.
Bring quietness to your busy mind and feel a sense of purpose and direction.
Introduction into what is Qigong and its history.
Qigong practice guidelines.
Safety precautions for practicing Qigong.
Qigong stances & preparation Qigong opening and closing forms.
Daily practice of the Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong exercises.
Medical applications & theory of the Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong system.
Course Curriculum in Detail
- Lesson 1. Exercise 1. Introduction and Medical Applications (1:03)
- Lesson 2. Exercise 1. Wave hands over the lake (1:27)
- Lesson 3. Exercise 2. Introduction and Medical Applications (0:52)
- Lesson 4. Exercise 2. Embrace the Mountain (2:21)
- Lesson 5. Exercise 3. Introduction and Medical Applications (1:18)
- Lesson 6. Exercise 3. Painting a rainbow in the sky (2:12)
- Lesson 7. Exercise 4. Introduction and Medical Applications (1:23)
- Lesson 8. Exercise 4. Scoop the earth and part the clouds (1:41)
- Lesson 9. Exercise 5. Introduction and Medical Applications (1:30)
- Lesson 10. Exercise 5. Floating silk hands (2:32)
- Lesson 11. Exercise 6. Introduction and Medical Applications (0:47)
- Lesson 12. Exercise 6. Rowing the boat in the middle of the lake (1:44)
- Lesson 13. Exercise 7. Introduction and Medical Applications (1:32)
- Lesson 14. Exercise 7. Sage presents a peach (2:58)
- Lesson 15.Exercise 8. Introduction and Medical Applications (1:08)
- Lesson 16. Exercise 8. Turn to gaze at the moon (2:36)
- Lesson 17. Exercise 9. Introduction and Medical Applications (1:05)
- Lesson 18. Exercise 9. Wind rustles lotus leaf (2:48)
- Lesson 19. Exercise 10. Introduction and Medical Applications (1:07)
- Lesson 20. Exercise 10. Wave hands in the clouds (1:50)
- Lesson 21. Exercise 11. Introduction and Medical Applications (2:53)
- Lesson 22. Exercise 11. Scoop from the sea toss to the sky (1:01)
- Lesson 23. Exercise 12. Introduction and Medical Applications (0:44)
- Lesson 24. Exercise 12. Rolling with the waves (3:13)
- Lesson 25. Exercise 13. Introduction and Medical Applications (0:57)
- Lesson 26. Exercise 13. Dove spreads its wings (3:14)
- Lesson 27. Exercise 14. Introduction and Medical Applications (0:58)
- Lesson 28. Exercise 14. Dragon emerges from the sea (2:07)
- Lesson 29. Exercise 15. Introduction and Medical Applications (0:52)
- Lesson 30. Exercise 15. Wild goose flying (1:24)
- Lesson 31. Exercise 16. Introduction and Medical Applications (1:55)
- Lesson 32. Exercise 16. Windmills turn in the breeze (3:11)
- Lesson 33. Exercise 17. Introduction and Medical Applications (1:37)
- Lesson 34. Exercise 17. Bouncing a ball in the sunshine (1:45)
- Lesson 35. Exercise 18. Introduction and Medical Applications (2:17)
- Lesson 36. Exercise 18. Nature's fragrance drifts up from a stream (1:26)
Taiji & Qigong Teacher
Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine
"My mission is to help people discover the true essence of who they are and to live their life with abundant freedom."
I love helping people break free from their stories that I believe make them unhappy, discontent and unwell. I’ve helped people from all around the World to break free from these stories and I’ve discovered that most of us have similar patterns and beliefs that are limiting us from living our full potential as a human being.
During my combined 30 years of teaching Taiji (Tai chi) and Qigong and treating people in my Acupuncture Clinic, I have learnt about how to create a higher quality of health for people and how to break their limiting belief stories.
I have dedicated my life to helping people to have a higher level of health and I encourage them to see the World in a different way. A way that inspires them to enquirer into the possibilities of how they can have a more fulfilling and happier life with a flow on effect that benefits and helps others.