Learn how to develop a quiet mind, an open heart,
& have more strength in your body.
Qigong Teacher Peter Caughey
Talks about this Course
The Shi Ba Shi Taiji (Tai Chi) Qigong is a medical based Taiji Qigong set with 18 Qigong exercises. Each exercise has a
different medical application to increase your health, quieten your mind and heal from the inside out.
The exercises in this set not only increase vital energy in the body but also help in calming and grounding the body.
The exercises combines slow, deliberate movements, meditation, and breathing exercises and can be done in one place (standing or seated).
What are the Benefits of the
Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong System?
In this course we will utilize the 18 exercises of the Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong system to help you gain a deeper understanding of Qigong and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
These exercises are great for:
- High and Low Blood Pressure
- Arthritic Pain
- Mental Fatigue
- Digestive Dysfunctions
- Weight Loss
- Relieving Stress and Mental Tension.
This course will help you live more in the present moment and experience life in your heart in a new and different way.
What You Will Learn
From This Course
- Develop energy, strength and stamina.
- Increase vital energy in the body.
- Develop sensitivity to the movement of Qi (energy) in yourself and others.
- Gain a deeper understanding of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Qigong.
- Learn the Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong medical applications and theory.
- Learn how to strengthen the tendons and muscles.
- Calm and ground the body.
- Bring quietness to your busy mind and feel a sense of purpose and direction.
- During this course you will learn how to develop an open heart.
- Treat digestive disorders.
- Develop self-awareness, balance, perseverance and discipline.
- Increase strength and flexibility.
- Learn how to stimulate the central nervous system.
- Strengthen your bones and the immune system.
"I believe this course is incredible value for the level of training you get during this course - and it can change your life. Learn to live more in the present moment and experience life in your heart in a new and different way.
I want you to have an energetic experience that you may never have felt before and I will show you how you can have this during the practice of the Shi Ba Shi exercises."
- Introduction into what is Qigong and the history of Qigong.
- Qigong practice guidelines.
- Safety precautions for practicing Qigong.
- Qigong stances and Breathing techniques.
- Dao Yin Qigong Opening
- and Closing Forms.
- The full set of Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong exercises.
- Forest Rock Taiji & Qigong Monastery School Philosophy.
- The medical applications for the Shi Ba Shi exercises
- 8 Recorded live full Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Practices
- 8 recorded live Q&A for each of the practises
- Printable PDF manual.
- Access to the Online Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong course which includes all the recorded live full practice videos and the recorded live Q&As with a Life Time Access
- A certificate of completion of the course.
- Access to the Telegram private Forest Rock Qigong group.
- In this private group you can ask any questions you have from the Course and the practices
- A one-on-one assessment with one of the Forest Rock Senior Instructors, where you will get your exercises checked and receive feedback and coaching if required. This is also a great opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the course.
Course Curriculum in Detail
- Course Manual
- Lesson 1. Course Overview (3:14)
- Lesson 2. What is Qigong and Qigong History (5:39)
- Lesson 3. The Lineage of the Shi Ba Shi Taiji system
- Lesson 4. Safety Precautions for Practicing Qigong (1:34)
- Lesson 5. Qigong Practice Guidelines (4:47)
- Lesson 6. Forest Rock Monastery School Philosophy (The first class) (33:33)
- Lesson 7. Recorded Live Q&A for Section 1. Lessons 2-5. (14:40)
- Lesson 1. Forest Rock Monastery School 1. The Bow (2:16)
- Lesson 2. Dao Yin Opening and Closing Exercises 1. The Relaxed & Quiescent Standing Form (5:08)
- Lesson 3. Dao Yin Opening and Closing Exercises 2. The Deep Exhaling & Inhaling Form (3:03)
- Lesson 4. Dao Yin Opening and Closing Exercises 3. The Opening & Closing of the Lower Dantian Form (1:51)
- Lesson 5. Recorded Live Q&A for Section 2. Lessons 1-4. (25:55)
- Lesson 1. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 1. Wave Hands Over the Lake (1:27)
- Lesson 2. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 2. Embrace the Mountain (2:21)
- Lesson 3. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 3. Painting Rainbow in the Sky (2:12)
- Lesson 4. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 4. Scoop the Earth and Part the Clouds (1:41)
- Lesson 5. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 5. Floating Silk Hands (2:32)
- Lesson 6. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 6. Rowing the Boat in the Middle of the Lake (1:44)
- Lesson 7. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 7. Sage Presents a Peach (2:58)
- Lesson 8. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 8. Turn to Gaze at the Moon (2:36)
- Lesson 9. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 9. Wind Rustles the Lotus Leaf (2:48)
- Lesson 10. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 10. Wave Hands in the Clouds (1:50)
- Lesson 11. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 11. Scoop From the Sea and Toss to the Sky (2:53)
- Lesson 12. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 12. Rolling With the Waves (3:13)
- Lesson 13. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 13. Dove Spreads Its Wings (3:14)
- Lesson 14. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 14. Dragon Emerges From the Sea (2:07)
- Lesson 15. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 15. Wild Goose Flying (1:24)
- Lesson 16. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 16. Windmill Turns in the Breeze (3:11)
- Lesson 17. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 17. Bouncing a Ball in the Sunshine (1:45)
- Lesson 18. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises 18. Nature's Fragrance Drifts Up From a Stream (1:26)
- Lesson 19. Recorded Live Q&A for the Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong exercises Section 3. Lessons 1-18. (59:07)
- Lesson 1. Medical Applications and Functions 1. The Opening and Closing Exercises (5:19)
- Lesson 2. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 1. Wave hands over the lake (1:03)
- Lesson 3. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 2. Embrace the Mountain (0:52)
- Lesson 4. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 3. Painting a rainbow in the sky (1:18)
- Lesson 5. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 4. Scoop the earth and part the clouds (1:23)
- Lesson 6. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 5. Floating silk hands (1:30)
- Lesson 7. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 6. Rowing the boat in the middle of the lake (0:47)
- Lesson 8. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 7. Sage presents a peach (1:32)
- Lesson 9. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 8. Turn to gaze at the moon (1:08)
- Lesson 10. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 9. Wind rustles the lotus leaf (1:05)
- Lesson 11. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 10. Wave hands in the clouds (1:07)
- Lesson 12. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 11. Scoop from the sea and toss to the sky (1:01)
- Lesson 13. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 12. Rolling with the waves (0:44)
- Lesson 14. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 13. Dove spreads its wings (0:57)
- Lesson 15. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 14. Dragon emerges from the sea (0:58)
- Lesson 16. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 15. Wild goose flying (0:52)
- Lesson 17. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 16. Windmills turn in the breeze (1:55)
- Lesson 18. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 17. Bouncing a ball in the sunshine (1:37)
- Lesson 19. Medical Applications-SBS Exercise 18. Nature's fragrance drifts up from a stream (2:17)
- Lesson 20. Recorded Live Q&A for the medical applications for the Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong System Section 4. Lesson 1-19. (5:42)
- Lesson 1. Full practice 1. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises (70:18)
- Lesson 2. Recorded Live Q&A for Full practice 1. (36:00)
- Lesson 3. Full practice 2. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises (59:46)
- Lesson 4. Recorded Live Q&A for Full practice 2. (30:24)
- Lesson 5. Full practice 3. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises (57:37)
- Lesson 6. Recorded Live Q&A for Full practice 3. (58:12)
- Lesson 7. Full practice 4. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises (70:15)
- Lesson 8. Recorded Live Q&A for Full practice 4. (72:07)
- Lesson 9. Full practice 5. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises (58:38)
- Lesson 10. Recorded Live Q&A for Full practice 5. (94:21)
- Lesson 11. Full practice 6. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises (53:40)
- Lesson 12. Recorded Live Q&A for Full practice 6. (107:05)
- Lesson 13. Full practice 7. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises (64:23)
- Lesson 14. Recorded Live Q&A for Full practice 7. (41:09)
- Lesson 15. Full practice 8. Shi Ba Shi Taiji Qigong Exercises (63:13)
- Lesson 16. Recorded Live Q&A for Full practice 8. (100:58)
Taiji & Qigong Teacher, Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncturist.
"My mission is to help people discover the true essence of who they are and to live their life with abundant freedom."
I love helping people break free from their stories that I believe make them unhappy, discontent and unwell. I’ve helped people from all around the World to break free from these stories and I’ve discovered that most of us have similar patterns and beliefs that are limiting us from living our full potential as a human being.
During my combined 30 years of teaching Taiji (Tai chi) and Qigong and treating people in my Acupuncture Clinic, I have learnt about how to create a higher quality of health for people and how to break their limiting belief stories.
I have dedicated my life to helping people to have a higher level of health and I encourage them to see the World in a different way. A way that inspires them to enquirer into the possibilities of how they can have a more fulfilling and happier life with a flow on effect that benefits and helps others.